Degree Scholarship: University of Cambridge; Stormzy Scholarship for Black UK Students, 2024
Degree Scholarship Details:
Since its launch in 2018, the Stormzy Scholarship has provided financial support to 32 UK Black students helping to transform their University experience making it easier to acquire their degree.
This began with two students each year, before the scheme was expanded in 2021. Stormzy’s #Merky Foundation in partnership with HSBC UK will provide scholarships to at least 10 Black students starting their studies in autumn 2023.
Over 400 UK Black students have arrived to take up their courses at Cambridge in the past three years. There is however still, more work to be done to ensure that UK Black students not only apply to study at the University, but also feel at home here and achieve their full potential.
- Host: Stormzy’s Merky Foundation | HSBC UK
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: £20,000
- Application Open: August 17, 2023
- Deadline: September 3, 2023
Ambitious students in pursue of a scholarship to study and get a degree of their dreams and achieve academic success are required to submit the following documents to be eligible for a Stormzy Scholarship:
- Have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Have a confirmed place for entry to the University of Cambridge for a first undergraduate degree, and due to commence study in October 2023. (You can check the status of your offer on UCAS Hub).
- Be a UK student and have been assessed for fee status as ‘home’. You were advised of your fee status in the offer letter issued to you earlier this year. If you are in doubt, please contact the Cambridge College that has offered you a place.
- Have applied to Student Finance (England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland) for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, and have received confirmation that you have been assessed and will receive financial support. An income assessment must have been conducted and consent given to share the information with the University. Please note that if you are awarded a Stormzy Scholarship you will be able to reduce the amount of loan you take out to zero, but you will still need an income assessment from Student Finance to be able to receive the Cambridge Bursary.
By meeting the scholarship requirements and taking advantage of the world-class degree programs it offers through Stormzy scholarship program, students can set themselves on a path to a promising and fulfilling future in the future world.
Detailed information regarding the scholarship criteria and programs can be found on the University of Cambridge official website.
Scholarship Duration and Reward;
- The scholarships are non-repayable and will cover the full cost of tuition fees and provide a maintenance grant, which will significantly reduce the need for recipients to take out government or commercial loans. This support will be available to recipients for the three or four years of their undergraduate course.
- For 2023-24, the total award to each student for the year will be worth £20,000. Receipt of this award will not affect eligibility for a Cambridge Bursary.
Method of Application
Deadline: September 3, 2023
Do you want to get updated information on the scholarship programs, please check in with us regularly for recent updates.